Monday, February 22, 2016

Bathroom Behavior

Recently I am seeing more people on their phones in the restroom. And while I've been guilty of going to the bathroom while on a conference call with the phone muted,  these people are talking on their phones!

Is it a cultural thing? Maybe I am just a throw back to the puritan days and the rest of the world thinks it is OK to hear flushing and other bathroom noise during a call.

For me,  I don't hold back at all when someone is talking on the phone in the bathroom. If they are not quick with the mute,  I'm afraid the listening party will get an ear full. Not my problem.

I know I'll be even more distressed when they have unisex bathrooms. I already modify my behavior in front of women. I don't look forward to dealing with what to do when they are in the bathroom.

They say that change is good.  I say: not all changes are good.

No comments: